20. April 2016
…the starting signal for One Day Portray was given. To be precisely: The kick-off to our Crowdfunding campaign, which allowed us to build One Day Portray. In principle we prefer to look ahead instead of looking back. But sometimes it is absolutely worth to take a look back, especially when the yesteryear is a conglomeration of memorable moments and experiences!
We are happy to share once again our campaign texts because we still believe in them!
Times in journalism are changing and challenging. This is especially true for writing styles that take time and therefore money. That's why literary genres in journalism are becoming scarcer and scarcer and that's where One Day Portray comes in: A medium for portraits from people all over the world for people worldwide. And therefore is all our content available in English and German and free of charge.
- Chose your style - portraits can be published as texts, photographs, video and audio files
- Quality is what we are looking for! All our portraits are of highest quality, written and/or produced
- by professional journalists and reporters
- No staged interviews – we accompany our protagonists one entire day in order to get a glimpse of how his or her life looks like
- It's not about finding unique persons, it's about bringing out the uniqueness in the person we chose to portray
- Annoying ads? Not on our websiteGet involved!
You can either go for one of the goodies listed on the right hand side and thus give us moral and financial support. If money is not your thing, you can always bring in your skills – we are happy to meet people willing to get involved with One Day Portray. Ever thought of writing a portrait yourself? Happen to know a person we absolutely have to hang out with for an entire day? Let us know! You are an amazing photographer and want to enhance your portfolio? Get in touch! You are part of an organisation or company who'd like to work with us? Great, let's do it! Do you give hugs like a pro? We absolutely have to meet. And last but not least: One Day Portray is not a one-man-show (or a two-woman-show, for that matter): We are all part of it!
On April 20th 2015 at 4pm – exactly one year ago – the starting signal was given and 45 days later, on June 4th 2015 it called for celebration! We made it! Therefore we are looking forward to sharing our highlight of the past year with you on June 4th 2016!
Thank you for everything and we can assure you that we still work with enthusiasm and still believe in journalism, that takes its time!